Secondary Home InsuranceYour vacation home is where you go to relax, and likely one of your most valuable assets. If you own a vacation home in Washington and it is damaged or destroyed, you need your claim settled by an insurance company that understands these simple facts. Secord Insurance Agency can help you find the secondary home insurance policy in Washington that will best meet your needs and provide the most valuable combination of tailored coverage, quality service and fair pricing.

Vacation homes can be beacons of relaxation in a chaotic world, and in order to preserve you mental peace you want to make sure that your vacation home is properly insured. If you own a vacation home, you know that the homeowner’s insurance policy on your primary resident provides limited coverage for personal property on both properties. That may not satisfy replacement costs should a covered loss occur at your vacation home, so purchasing a Seasonal (or Vacation) Home policy may be right for you.

A Vacation Home policy covers much of what a traditional Homeowner’s Insurance policy, except it has no liability coverage. A secondary home is typically covered by the liability policy of a primary home.

Frequently Asked Questions about Secondary Home Insurance

What is a secondary home considered?

A secondary home is typically a home used as a part-time residence in addition to your primary home. This can be for vacation or dual residency.

What if I rent out my secondary home on occasion?

If you rent out your secondary home, you’ll need a landlord insurance policy as well. Short-term vacation rentals require special insurance so be sure to discuss with your agent what type of rental you’re running and how often you’re renting it.

Do I need to carry insurance on each of my homes or can I have a single policy for both?

Each home will require a separate insurance policy. Typically, the dwellings are insured for a specific cost and because of that, you’ll need separate policies for differing amounts of coverage.